As Sr. UX Designer, you focus on delivering user-driven digital experiences, basing your decisions on a solid foundation of research, business strategy, and well-cultivated professional intuition. You understand the user because you know how to identify and analyze quantifiable and qualitative aspects of the user journey.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices for UX design and processes.
- Champion principles of usability and user-centered design.
- Develop personal philosophies and share those insights.
- Experience in UX strategy, user research, requirements definition, UX design, visual design and product design.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams: visual design, content and development.
- Experience managing expectations of and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- 4+ years of experience in UX – agency experience is a plus.
UX Research and Strategy – 50%
- Perform discovery tasks such as stakeholder interviews, user interviews/testing, user journeys, requirement definition, competitor analysis, persona development, UX audits, information architecture, and final findings and recommendations.
- Collaborate with team members and clients.
– Participate in regular work reviews with designers and strategists ahead of internal and client reviews.
– Conduct or participate in brainstorms, retrospectives, and group work sessions with clients, designers, and strategists.
- Present work and clearly explain the rationale behind recommendations.
- Collaborate regularly with Sr. UX Strategist.
UX Design – 50%
- Create wireframes based on thoughtful consideration of user needs that were learned from research, or in the absence of good research, your well-cultivated instinct as a designer. (We typically use Sketch but are considering Figma)
- Annotate wireframes with well-articulated, highly detailed but simple instructions that anyone can follow. Show that you have consistently discovered and solved edge cases.
- Create bespoke component libraries (or consider existing libraries) so that your designs don’t create unnecessary inconsistencies and inefficiencies.
- Prototype creation in Figma or Invision.
Launch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Reports to UX Director.
- Expected % of time spent traveling: 5% (when that's allowed again)
Apply to Launch
Please send us your resume and/or portfolio to apply.