The UX Director is a client-facing role that harnesses the strengths of those around them to achieve group and company objectives. This person is the leader of the UX practice and sets an example for team members.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices for UX design and processes.
- Champion principles of usability and user-centered design.
- Develop personal philosophies and share those insights.
- Help members of the UX team achieve their career goals.
- Maintain an environment that attracts and retains the best talent in user research, UX strategy and design.
- Experience in UX strategy, user research, requirements definition, UX design, visual design and product design.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams: visual design, content and development.
- Experience managing expectations of and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- 8+ years experience managing and leading a team including at least 5 years of agency experience.
Leading UX Strategy and UX Design Projects – 70%
- Manage the user experience design process.
– Assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
– Look for opportunities to improve team collaboration.
– Delegate project leadership to team members when needed.
– Prioritize the importance of projects on a situational basis.
- Provide guidance and clear direction to team members.
– Conduct regular work reviews with designers and strategists ahead of internal and client reviews.
– Conduct brainstorms and group work sessions with designers and strategists.
- Present work, tell a story with design, and clearly explain rationale behind decisions.
- Problem-solve, and decisively lead projects with empathy and authority.
Team Career Development and Appraisal – 20%
- Ensure continued personal and professional growth of UX team members.
- Encourage and guide others in improving their craft.
- Mentor team members on each step of the UX process.
- Conduct regular 1/1’s with team members.
- Conduct annual development check-in and bi-annual performance check-ins.
New Business Pitches and Ideation – 10%
- Research and recommend strategic and creative insights for prospective clients.
- Work with Project Management on project scopes by helping to create the UX project plan for prospective clients.
Launch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Reports to David Preiss, co-founder.
- Expected % of time spent traveling: 5% (when that's allowed again)
Apply to Launch
Please send us your resume and/or portfolio to apply.